I wanted to do it gluten free so used GF baking mix and cornstarch instead of flour and mine is still pretty thin. I would like it more stew like, but if you did not need it to be Gluten Free you could use flour and make it thicker.
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 , chopped
- Carrots - 4 – 5 large , chopped
- Celery - 1-2 stalk chopped
- Gluten Free Baking Mix - 1/4 cup
- Chicken Stock (you may need a little more) - 64 oz
- Frozen Corn - 1 bag
- Green Bean - 2 can drained and chopped
- Frozen Peas - 1 bag
- Cooked Chicken, Shredded - 1 - 1 1/2 lbs
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Cornstarch To Taste
- I boiled 6 chicken legs (bone and skin on, I lilke this for recipes like this since they are so much cheaper) the ends of the carrots, and celery, and some garlic to make stock while cooking the chicken.
- Melt the butter and saute the onions, carrots and celery for a few minutes.Saute all these veggies until semi-soft. Add baking mix, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add all frozen veggies and green beans and cook until the veggies are done.
- Add shredded chicken to the soup and then turn soup off. Add Cornstarch to to thicken as needed.
- Cooking chicken and making broth.
- You can also add a handful of rice to thicken if you would like, I do sometimes.