I really like this dish because it is NOT your typical slow cooker recipe. and the bread actually does stick and the chicken is very tender. We always Have this with a salad or steamed broccoli
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 4h 00 min
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Egg - 1 beaten (Amber used water since my kids are allergic to eggs)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - 3 large
- Bread Crumbs - 3/4 cup
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup (omit if dairy free!)
- Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - 1 cup
- Favorite Marinara Sauce - 1 26 oz. can
- Spaghetti Noodles - 1/2 pound
- Place olive oil in the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese Italian seasonings and salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg (I used water), then coat with the bread crumbs mixture. Then place into the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour marinara sauce over the top.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before dinner, prepare your favorite pasta according to package instructions. I choose whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan over Pasta
Thanks to our fellow bloggers for linking up with this post at: Crumbs and Chaos, Debbie does creations, Blessed With Grace, Salt Tree, Mandy's Recipe Box, Nap-time Creations, Rook No 17, Skip To My Lou