These are super simple and delicious! Pretty much a poor man's hamburger.
- Lay out slices of bread. I usually lay it on top of wax paper so I have less of mess to clean up off my counters.
- Pinch off small chunks of hamburger and gently press them into the slices of bread. I usually put about 4 quarter size pieces on each slice. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and place to the side.
- Heat a large skillet and pour a little bit of the butter in the pan.
- Place bread slices meat side down in the skillet and fry until meat is browned. Then flip and fry on the opposite side. Add more butter each time you put more bread in the skillet.
- To serve - place two slices together with your favorite condiments!
I usually serve this with french fries or tater tots.