- All-Purpose Flour - 2 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
- White Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg Whites - 2
- Egg Yolks - 2
- Lemon Zest - 2 tablespoons, grated
- Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
- Milk - 2 cups
- Butter - 6 tablespoons, melted
- Blueberries - 3/4 cups (optional)
- Chocolate Chips - 3/4 cups (optional)
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in bowl.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a separate glass or metal bowl. Whisk the egg yolks, lemon zest, and vanilla in a third bowl, then whisk in the milk.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well mixed (not lumpy). Fold in the melted butter and then the beaten egg whites until combined.
- Cook the waffles according to manufacturer's instructions until golden brown.