This is The ONLY Chili I make anymore. I am not a chili fan and I even enjoy this recipe, and my husband who really really likes chili LOVED this, he went so far to tell me to only EVER make this chili, and that is saying a LOT from the man that does not enjoy to eat.
This does make A LOT of chili so be ready to share or freeze some but it is so good just like it is that I never want to mess with the amounts of ingredients.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 2h 00 min
- Ground Beef - 1 pounds
- Spicy Sausage - 1 pound
- Chili Beans - 2 cans, drained
- Chili Beans in Spicy Sauce - 1 can
- Diced Tomatoes with Juice - 4 (14 ounce) cans
- Tomato Paste - 1 can
- Onion - 1 large yellow, chopped
- Celery - 2 stalks, chopped
- Green Bell Pepper - 1, seeded and chopped
- Jalapeno Pepper - 1, seeded and chopped
- Cooked Bacon Crumbled - 4 pieces, crumbled
- Beef Broth - 1 1/2 cups
- Beer - 1/2 cup
- Chili Powder - 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 TBS
- Minced Garlic - 3 cloves
- Italian Seasoning - 1 TBS
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp
- Hot Pepper Sauce - 2 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat a large stock pot brown ground beef and sausage. Drain once browned.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, bacon, beef broth, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, cumin, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika.
- Stir and simmer for at least 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary.