I am sure most of you all know how to make green beans but I know we have some people that are knew to cooking. I know when I first started cooking I would have just opened a can and warmed them (bland!).
- I usually use frozen and add a little water to the bottom of my pot. I don't measure the spices but start off with less and then add to taste.
- When I use frozen I start them lower and cook with a lid for a little bit (when in a hurry I have put them in there and turned them up to high to hurry them along). After they have started to soften and cook down some I take the lid up and turn them up to cook off most of the water.
- Simmer until you serve but make sure you don't cook all the liquid off.
Ways Some Others make theirs:
- Suellen - I fry bacon and put it and the drippings in a big pot of green beans and onions. I love to add sliced carrots too. That's something that my grandma did and they are so good.
- Wendy - balsamic vinegar is good too (instead of worchestershire).
- Peggy - I put a piece of onion in them a ham hock and cook very low almost dry and cook all day.