- Preheat oven to 275. Heat olive oil in a cast iron dutch oven (or baking dish).
- Combine seasonings and rub onto the meat thoroughly. Sear the meat in the olive oil on all sides.
- Spread the green chillies over the roast. Add beef broth, reserved green chile juice and chopped garlic.
- Cover pan and place in oven. Cook 4-5 hours until shreds easily.
- Check on roast every couple of hours to make sure there is plenty of liquid. If it's low, add more broth.
- You can also cook this dish on the stove top or in a crock pot.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute the oinons until tender and wilted (about 15-20 minutes). Lay one flour tortilla on a plate.
- Add a layer of cheese, then a spoonful of shredded beef (drained of excess liquid), then a spoonful of onions.
- Fold the ends in and roll up. Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- Once you have them all rolled, spray the tops of each chimichanga with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 7-10 minutes then flip. Bake on the other side for another 7-10 minutes.
- Topping suggestions: guacamole, sour cream, green onions, salsa, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, lettuce, cilantro, and olives.