I love this dish at a chain restaurant but there is nothing my kids can eat there with their food allergies so when I found this recipe on pinterest I was anxious to try it. Here is the version I ended up making which was a little different than the one I found.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Trim fat off chicken (if there is any) and rub each side with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cook bacon. Do not discard all of the grease. Original recipe said to not discard any of the grease but I did pour off about half of my grease.
- Grill the chicken in the bacon grease. Cook until chicken is done.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Mix mayo, honey, mustard and onion together. I would recommend moving some of this mixture to a separate bowl to use as a dipping sauce once the chicken has cooked.
- Put some of the sauce on each side of the chicken. Top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!
Special thanks to our fellow bloggers who linked up this post: Thirty Hand Made Days, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Show Off Your Stuff Party (Fireflies and Jellybeans), Beyond the Picket Fence, The Artsy Girl Connection, Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts, A Creative Princess, Whats Cooking Love, Flamingo Toes, Petite Hermine, Nifty Thrifty Things, Everyday Moms Meals, Liluna, Savvy Southern Style, The NY Melrose Family, Kelly's Korner