I have sweet potatoes from Dad's garden and we are not real big sweet potato fans so this is a yummy way for us to use our fresh sweet potatoes.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- White Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 3/4 cups, sifted (I use 1 cup white flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat)
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoon
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Sweet Potatoes - 1 cup, cooked and mashed
- Pecans - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Combine sugar and oil; beat well. Add eggs and beat. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water. Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or 2 small loaf pans). Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about one hour. (I made 4 mini loaves and cooked for about 40 mins)