My husband cut a sirloin steak we had bought in to medallions and marinated them all day. He then cooked them in a cast iron skillet inside. It was too cold to grill outside. He then came up with the gorgonzola recipe listed below. He doesn't measure and so these are rought estimates below. This turned out as good as an expensive restaurants sauce and the steak melted in your mouth. It was such a great supper and even better that I didn't have to cook!!
- Crumbled Gorgonzola - 4 oz
- Olive Oil - 2 TBS
- Butter - 2 TBS (more if you like a buttery flavor)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese - 2 - 3 tsp (this is to taste, you can add more or less)
- Half and Half - 1 - 1 1/2 cups (if you want thicker cream use less, if you want thinner use more.)
- Frozen Garlic Cubes - 2 (can use two minced cloves if you don't have the frozen cubes)
- In a skillet pour in olive oil and garlic cubes, simmer. Then add butter and saute everything for a few minutes.
- Add half and half before mixture browns. Turn the burner down to low setting.
- Add cheeses, salt and pepper to taste. While simmering, stir until the gorgonzola melts and the mixture becomes creamy. You can add milk to thin, if needed.