My daughter loves waffles but is allergic to eggs and so I wanted to find a good eggless waffle recipe. I looked at a few different ones and came up with this combination this morning and they turned out really good.
- Butter - 1/3 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Vanilla Extract - 1/4 teaspoon
- Self Rising Flour - 2 1/2 cups (i only had all purpose so I added the baking powder and salt to turn it to self rising)
- Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
- Non Stick Cooking Spray - (this was to spray the waffle maker with)
- I melted the butter and whisked the butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl. I will say when I added the cold milk to the warm butter it made little bitty pieces of butter that didn't dissolve in the mixture. This did not mess up the final taste or mixture. I mixed the flour and baking soda together and then mixed in the powdered sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and mix. Gradually add the milk mixture. I mixed all of it in my stand mixer and at first it appeared like it was going to be too runny but after a minute or so it was the perfect consistency. Put mixture in waffle maker for time designated by your waffle maker.