My son is on a Pizza sauce kick and I mean he wants it EVERYDAY! It can be on pizza, used as a dip, or just in a bowl by itself. So with that said I had to find a way to make my own. This summer when canning beginnings I need to work on a tomato pastes so I won't have to buy anything.
The great thing about making your own foods is that you KNOW what is in them, and that is very important to me. Now I wanted to make a bunch so it would last a while but if you were just making this for a pizza or two you will want to reduce by half.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Tomato Paste - 1 cans
- Tomato Sauce - 2 cans
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- (of the Basil Cubes) - 2, about 1 TBS of dried
- Honey - 2 TBS
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 TBS
- Onion Powder - 2 tsp
- Oregano - 2 tsp (not pictured)
- Hand Full of Carrots
- Hand Full of Green Peppers - (Mine are frozen)
- Couple Pieces of Broccoli
- In the yellow bowl there are 3 frozen avocado cubs and 3 juiced spinach cubes ( I would have used fresh spinach but I was out.
- I put all the veggies and part of the water in the blender till it looked like this. I know it looks gross but as soon as you add all the tomatoes it looks just like pizza sauce.
- Add everything else to the veggie blend and cook for about 30 minutes.
- And since I was wanting to be able to keep this on hands for my pizza crazy boy I thought I would freeze it in ice cubes and I can just pull out a few at a time. And I found these small bowls with lids at the dollar store they hold about 2 TBS so I can just add these to a lunch box etc.