Today is National Herb and Spice Day... Here are a couple ways to enjoy your herbs and spices.
Out in the world of Pinterest you can find all kinds of goodies. Last week I came across The Gardeners Eden an their Frozen herbs. This is such a good idea. I had to give it a try myself and I will be store more up this summer to use throughout the winter.
So I headed out to my garden and picked few fresh herbs to try.
- Basil, Rosemary, oregano, and thyme.
- After I washed them and took the stems off I added the leaves to my ice trays.
- The basil Leaves I put in my small food processor with the juice from a half a lime and some oil, I would do my basil like this again. It takes up much less space and I rarely use whole basil leaves.
- Above is my basil I then put a little extra oil in the cube to cover the basil. Then I filled up the cubes with olive oil or grape seed oil NOTE grape seed oil DOES NOT FREEZE. So you will want to us broth, water, olive oil, or butter.
- Once they are all full just put the try in the freezer until they freeze solid.
- I just popped mine out and am storing in the freezer. I have already used some for marinades and they tasted great. Make sure to check out The Gardeners Eden to see more great pictures of this wonderful Idea.
- I have also recently found Mountain Rose Herbs I have placed one order and making my list for another large order. They have lots and lots of spices and herbs alone with teas and lots of other great supplies
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!
This post is linked up at: Sew Many Ways, I should be mopping the floor, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Flour Me With Love, Sumos Sweet Stuff, Serendipity and Spice Yummy Inspirations, This Chick Cooks, Someday Crafts, The Trendy Treehouse, Printabelle, The Brambleberry Cottage, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple, A Little Knick Knack, Simply Sweet home, Chic On A Shoestring Decorating, Tidy Mom, One Art Mama, 504 Main, The Grant Life, Crumbs and Chaos, Mad In Crafts, Nap-Time Creations, Not Just a Housewife, Mandy's Recipe Box, Ginger Snap Crafts, Allergy Free Wednesday, Yesterday On Tuesday