I fixed this today and it is GREAT and I will be making it often. This is one of my new staples in the soup department. This is a little lighter version of some Lasagna Soups.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Olive Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Italian Turkey Sausage - 1 pound
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Green Bell Pepper - 1 chopped
- Cloves Garlic - 4 minced
- Chicken Broth - 1 (32 oz) container
- Tomato Sauce - 4 cups
- Petite Diced Tomatoes - 4 cups
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed Red Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Wheat Lasagna Noodles - 5 broken whole
- Chopped Fresh Basil - 1/4 cup
- Parmesan Cheese - 3 tablespoons grated
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 cup
- bread sticks
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium- heat, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned.
- Next add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Then add the noodles and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the soup thickens and the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella, basil, and the Parmesan. Top with a bit of mozzarella.