White Bean Chili is a family favorite and I have always made it with canned beans but wanted to use dried beans so I keep the recipe the same just cooked it longer with the dried beans. If you don't want to use dried beans replace the beans for 5 cans of white beans, drain and just put everything in a pot and cook just below a boil for about 30 minutes.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 8h 00 min
- Dried Beans - 2 cups soaked overnight and drained
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - 2
- Onion - 1 Chopped
- Diced Jalapenos - 1 small can
- Chicken Broth - 6 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Cumin - 1 tablespoon
- Red Pepper Flakes - 1 teaspoon
- House Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic) - 1 tablespoon
- Salsa - 1 cup
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Once your beans have soaked in water over night and you have drained them.
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- At this point if there is too much liquid take some out. Remove the chicken and shred and return it to the pot.
- Then top with topping of your choice, our favorite toppings is some shredded cheese, sour cream, and a little more salsa and I serve it with tortilla chips since we are a family of dippers.