This is a meal from when we first got married. A dear friend of mine shared the recipe and I really don't remember just what she told me to put in it but this is what we enjoy at my house. This is one of these dishes that does not sound great, BUT it is ALWAYS A HIT and I have been asked over and over again for the recipe. (The original recipe called for 2 heads of lettuce, 2 bags of chips etc, but that is way too much for us most of the time.)
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Chicken Breasts (boiled and shredded, or leftover chicken) - 2
- Taco Seasoning ( I used my homemade) - 1 package
- Iceberg Lettuce (cut into bite size pieces) - 1 head
- Cucumber Diced (I always use English cucumbers)
- Green Onions (or what you have on hand)
- Carrots (diced)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Broccoli Diced
- Nacho Favored Chips A Whole Bag (I have used baked and they are good but the real deal are best)
- Catalina Salad Dressing (you will use most of the bottle if not all of it).
- Once your chicken is cooked and shredded or diced add the taco seasoning and prepare as the package instructs.
- You can add any other extra veggies to the salad like in these pictures I also have spinach and red cabbage, but you HAVE to have the cucumber it is just not the same without it.
- Throw all the veggies and cheese into a LARGE bowl, then add the HOT chicken, chips and dressing and mix, this will break the chips into small pieces and the dressing will coat everything. This does not last very long but if are only going to eat a small part you will still want to mix the dressing and the chips this way, just in smaller amounts.