This is a dish my Mom fixed fairly often while growing up. We always had it with applesauce and buttered bread. As you can see by my pic, I still eat the same things with it! Tuna casserole is a quick and cheap meal!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Chopped Green Bell Pepper - 1/3 cup
- Chopped Onion - 1/3 cup
- Margarine or Butter - 1/2 stick
- Macaroni and Cheese - 1 box
- Tuna Fish - 2 small cans (I used one larger can the other day)
- Cream of Celery Soup - 1 can (the other day I didn't have cream of celery so used cream of chicken and some diced celery pieces. I sauteed them with the onions and green pepper)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Milk - 1/4 to 1/3 cup
Saute Green Pepper, Onion, Salt and Pepper in pan. Meanwhile I boil the Macaroni in another pan and then drain water. Once the onions and pepper are tender, add drained Tuna, soup, cooked macaroni, cheese packet, (the one that came with the macaroni) and Milk. Stir. Cook on low until heated through.