I found the idea for this recipe from this website via pinterest, but wanted to make it Gluten Free. I did not have my camera when I made this so this is a picture from my phone but I will be making this again so I will update pictures then.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Gluten Free Pasta - 1 pound (we like Sams Mill corn pasta) I ended up not using the whole pound
- Bacon - 1 pound, cooked and chopped
- Large Onion - 1, diced
- Garlic - 4 cloves, diced
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
- Chicken Broth - 1 - 1 1/4 cup
- Milk - 2 cups (may need more)
- Frozen Spinach - 1 10 oz package, thawed and drained
- Artichoke Hearts - 1 can 14 oz, chopped and drained
- Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded - 2 cups, divided
- Parmesan Cheese - 1 cup, grated
- Cook and chop bacon, and cook pasta according to package ( DO NOT OVER COOK).
- In the pan you cook the bacon in, using a little of the grease saute your onions and garlic for about 5 minutes just until they become tender.
- Whisk in the Gluten Free flour and stir for another minute or so. Then whisking constantly pour in the milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. If this is not smooth add a little more milk.
- Once the sauce has thickened and is hot add the spinach, and artichokes once they are hot (about 2 minutes) add the bacon , 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, and all of the Parmesan cheese along with bacon and stir until the cheese melts.
- Then place the pasta in a baking dish and top with the remaining pepper jack cheese and bake for 15 minutes or broil for 2-5 minutes until golden brown.