This is such a great salad that my mother makes often, and it is ALWAYS a hit. It goes GREAT with heavy meals like pasta and we have often with Thanksgiving or Christmas Meals.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Leaf Lettuce - 1 bunch
- Onion (or green onions) - 1 chopped
- Celery Chopped - 1/2 cup
- Bacon - 6 slices crumbled
- Mandarin Oranges - 1 small can drained
- Almonds - 1cup sliced
- Sesame Seeds - 1 Tablespoons
- Chow Mein Noodles Or Plain Uncooked Ramen Noodles - 2 cups
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 4 Tablespoons
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Slat - 1 teaspoon
- Drain oranges. Cook bacon. Toast sesame seed, sliced almonds, and noodles together.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together except the noodle mixture.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Pour over salad, add noodles and toast shortly before serving.