When you are boiling chicken for a recipe it is super easy to make your own chicken broth. So I was making chicken salad so I through in a few more things to make some yummy chicken broth.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 45 minutes
- Chicken - (bone in, skin on)
- Onion Skin On - half
- Garlic - 1 bulb cut in half, skin on
- Carrots - 2-3
- Celery - 2-3 ribs (I just used the tops here since I needed the celery in the chicken salad)
- Pepper - 2 tsp
- Whole Cloves - few
- Put everything in the pot (I use a pasta pot) cover with water and cook with a low boil for 30-45 mins.
- Take out chicken and veggies and strain and use the broth or freeze (this is not "canned" so it will need to be used or frozen). Super easy cheap and a great way to always have chicken broth on hand and you KNOW everything that is in it.