Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes (nothing on the stove)
As you know mashed potatoes are my (Ann Kelly) all time favorite food. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, I don't fix them that often but I sure do LOVE THEM... Have I mentioned that I LOVE MASHED POTATOES???
So while mashed potatoes don't that forever to make they are a dish that needs to be made last minute and can take up precious stove space. SO this is just another option.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 5h 00 min
- Russet Potatoes Diced (large) - 5 pounds
- Chicken Stock - 2 cups
- Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- House Seasoning (salt, pepper, & garlic) - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream) - 1 cup
- Cream Cheese - 4 oz
- Peel and dice potatoes into large chucks, and add them with the chicken stock, house seasoning, garlic, and butter into the slow cooker. Stir the potatoes in the stock to help keep them from turning brown.
- Then cook for 4 1/2 hours. At this point the potatoes should be very soft, stir to start breaking them up, Then add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 30 minutes then mash. If serving for a dinner just leave these in the slow cooker on warm.