Roasted Whole Chicken
I cook Everything and this is the first time I have cooked a whole chicken 🙂 so I thought I would share.
We (family of three) ate about half for dinner. I will pull the rest off for another recipes and make broth with the left over bones etc. by adding an onion, carrots, celery, pepper, and water to cover.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Whole Chicken - (remove any goodies inside the cavity)
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Celery - 1 stalk
- Garlic Salt
- Cajun Seasoning
- Whole Chicken (remove any goodies inside the cavity).
- Slice a lemon place inside chicken.
- Cut 4 garlic cloves in half and place inside chicken.
- Cut 1 stalk of celery in fourths, and place inside chicken.
- Put a couple TBS of butter on top coat outside with garlic salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Bake covered 30 mins. at 350, then uncover and cook 15-30 mins. until the internal temp of the chicken is 180 degrees.