- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Cooked Bacon (crumbled for topping) - 6 slices
- Onion Dice Onion - 1/2 cup
- Large Garlic Minced - 3 cloves
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Bacon Grease (left over from cooking your bacon) - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Cans Of Diced Or Crushed Tomatoes ( I used Home canned tomatoes I used 3 pints) - 3 14 oz
- Chicken Broth - 2 cups
- Fresh Basil (or frozen) - 1 teaspoon
- Heavy Cream - 3/4 cup
- Cheddar Shredded For Topping
- Saute onions, garlic, butter, pepper, and garlic salt and bacon grease until the onions and garlic are soft. Then add the tomatoes and broth to the pot and cook just below a boil for about 25 minutes.
- Then add the cream and basil until warmed through and blend the soup in batches in a blender or use a submersion blender until it is nice and smooth. Then top with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.