Easy Mahi Mahi —20 minute meal
Mahi Mahi is a VERY mild fish so it is a great place to start if your family are not huge fans of fish. This fish is not fishy at all. This is a super easy and fast way to get more wild caught fish in your diet. Wild Caught fish is so much better for you than farm raised fish (but that is another post) and wild caught Mahi Mahi won't break the bank.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Mahi Mahi - ( I had about a pound here)
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil - 1-2 tablespoons ( I would have used less if my pan had been smaller)
- Lemon - 1, cut in half
- Smashed Garlic Cloves - 3
- Water - 2 tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put everything except half of the lemon (which we like added to ours once it is cooked) in a covered pan for about 5 minutes per side over a medium to medium high heat. When I turn the Mahi over I squeeze the lemon to release its juice.
- I serve with steamed rice and steamed or stir fried vegetables. If you plan ahead and have the fish thawed this meal can be on the table in 20-25 minutes.