Caramelized Butternut Squash
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 55 minutes
- Butternut Squash - 2 medium (4 to 5 pounds total)
- Unslated Butter - 6-8 tablespoons, melted and cooled
- Light Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup, packed
- Kosher Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Fresh Pepper - 1/2 - 1 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.