I found this recipe on pintrest... well, indirectly. I found a "baked avocado fries" on pinterest followed it back through a few blogs and everyone had a little different take on this dish So I gave it a try. These are GREAT, but I LOVE avocado. I served mine with pepper jelly to dip them in and the sweet was a wonderful addition. On their own they could be a bit bland.
I also used pepper jelly for a dip with the fries and did no use the cheese in this picture, most of the recipes I looked through used it but I did not since I was using the pepper jelly as a dip.
- Oil for frying
- Flour - 1/4 cup
- Sea Salt - 1 TBS
- Large Eggs - 2, beaten
- Panko Bread Crumbs - 1 1/4 cups
- Firm-ripe Medium Avocados - 2, in about 1/2 inch slices (after the pit is removed and it is peeled)
- Mix and all dry ingredients into one dish
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Then dip avocado slices into the egg and then in the panko mixture then add to HOT oil and fry until golden brown.
This post is linked up with: Carole's Chatter