Asian-Style Cashew Chicken
I do most of my shopping at the local grocery which I can walk to so I don't always have the selection of what I need. They did not have Tamari so I used the soy sauce I had they also did not have duck sauce so I used sweet and sour that is the same color as the duck.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Oil - 3 Tsp.
- Butter - 1 Tsp.
- Chicken Stock - 3 cups
- Onion - 1 large, 1/4 cup chopped, the rest thinly sliced
- Chicken Thighs - 1 1/2 lbs
- Rice - 1 1/2
- Grill Seasoning - 2 Tsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Red Bell Pepper - 1, sliced thin
- Cashews - 1 cup
- Frozen Peas - 1 cup
- Fresh Parsley - 2 Tbs., chopped
- Fresh Bean Sprouts - 2 cups (they cook down to nothing)
- Soy Sauce - 2 Tbs
- Sweet and Sour Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic
- Combine the oil and butter. Once butter has melted add chopped onions and cook for about 2 mins until tender. Then add uncooked rice and cook for 3 more mins.
- Add the stock and cover the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low for about 15 mins stirring occasionally.
- While the rice cooks, cook the chicken. Heat a large skillet add remain oil, and chicken season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Brown the chicken on both sides and move to one side of the pan.
- Add the remaining onions, garlic, and bell peppers, cook for 2-3 mins. then season with soy sauce and duck sauce. add the cashews and parsley and serve over the rice.