Seasoned Black Beans and Rice
We had this easy side dish at a friends house one night and found out it was another friends recipe. I was shocked to find out how easy and cheap it was.
Per my friends advice I tasted the mixture before adding the cheese and rice to make sure that it tasted good. This was so easy and I fixed it a few weeks ago when we had company and they enjoyed it as well. We put in with chicken taco meat and made tacos/burritos. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the dish after it came out of the oven.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Rice - 1 cup (cooked - I used minute rice and my friend uses brown rice)
- Black Beans - 2 cans
- Garlic and Herb Seasoning - 1 tsp ( I used house seasoning found here House Seasoning Recipe and some season salt)
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Drain one can of black beans and leave part of the juice in the other. To the drained beans add spices and 1 cup of cooked rice. Mix well.
- Top with 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.