Slow Cooker Seasoned Black Beans and Rice
Here is the finished product! It was a great side dish and we will be making it again!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 3h 00 min
- Rice - 1 cup, uncooked (I only had sushi rice so that is what I used, DO NOT use minute rice/quick rice)
- Black Beans - 2 cans
- House Seasoning - 1 1/4 tsp
- Season Salt
- Cumin - 2 1/4 tsp
- Rotel - 1 can
- Shredded Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Put rice in bottom of slow cooker and add some olive oil. Mix it around so rice is coated with olive oil.
- Drain one can of beans and add to slow cooker. Add second can without draining, Add rotel, seasonings. Add 2 cups water. It will look really watery.
- I turned the slow cooker on low for 3 hours. This is how it looked before I added the cheese. I sprinkled the top with cheese and put the lid back on for a few minutes.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook!!
Thanks to the blogs we have linked this post up! Simply Designing, Sumos Sweet Stuff Kellys Korner Blog