Looking for a dish to add color to your Christmas table? This is a fun thing to try and my 7 year old enjoyed helping me make them. They are not hard but you will need a couple days to get all the layers in. In these pictures I have the red, green then white, but if I were to make them again I would put a very thin layer of white between each layer of red and green.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 4h 00 min
- Yield : 25
- Red Jello - 2 large boxes
- Green Jello - 2 large boxes
- clear gelatin (more if putting between each layer of color jello) - 2 packages
- Water (as package states for red and green jello)
- Milk per clear gelatin pack - 2 cups
- Sugar per clear gelatin pack - 1/2 cup
- Cold Water per clear gelatin pack - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla per clear gelatin pack - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Making the white jello:
- Add milk and sugar to a pan and bring almost to a boil.
- In another bowl dissolve the gelatin in the 1/2 cup of cold water and add the vanilla. then mix the milk and gelatin and cool for about 30 minutes before adding to the the cups.
Each layer is going to need 2-4 hours to set in the fridge so plan your time. Make the first batch of colored jello an place a layer in your clear serving cups. I put my cups in baking dishes so I could move them in and out of the refrigerator easily and without spilling. Then place these in the fridge until set well. Then make the next batch I mixed the color jello with ice water to cool it down faster so I could slowly pour the next layer in the cups. When you make the white jello you will need to let it chill for 30 minutes or so in the fridge before adding to the cups. Repeat until your cups are full.