I am a huge fan of wedge salads but have never made one at home. I found a recipe on pinterest that looked great and changed it just a tiny bit and it was delicious!!! I will say that the dressing recipe says to have it sit for 1-4 days and at 2 days I was not impressed but by yesterday (day 3 it was really good).
- Iceberg Lettuce - 1 head
- Cooked Bacon - 3 - 4 pieces, crumbled
- Eggs - 2 - 3, hard-boiled, chopped
- Tomato - 1, chopped
- Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup
- Salad Dressing from below - 1 1/2 cups,
- Dressing Recipe
- Real Mayo - 1 cup
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk - 2 1/2 tbs
- Durkee Famous Sauce - 1 tsp
- Seasoned Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Salt & Pepper
- Crumbled Blue Cheese - 3 ounces
- Mix together mayo and sour cream. Add the buttermilk, Durkee sauce, and seasoned salt. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir again. Fold in blue cheese.
- Store in a container with a lid for 2-4 days.
- Pull core out of lettuce and then slice into quarters. Remove any hard portions of lettuce that may be in the center of each quarter.
- Place on plate and then pour dressing over the top. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles, egg, tomato and more blue cheese.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook!