I made this tonight since I needed something easy and fast for dinner. I almost always have everything in the fridge for this soup. I really like it since my 5 year old also ate a whole bowl and asked for more, my Husband who does NOT do veggies even said it was not bad and ate half a bowl so it will be the meal plan again.
- Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Finely Shredded Carrot - 1 1/2 cup
- Celery - 1 stalk, finely chopped (feel free to add more celery if you like celery; I don't, so I don't add much)
- Minced Garlic - 3 large cloves
- Chicken Broth - 4 cups (I used homemade I had in the fridge from the day before)
- Baking Potatoes - 2 large, peeled and chopped small
- Corn Starch - 1 Tablespoon
- Whipping Cream or Milk - 1 1/2 cup (I used 1 cup milk 1/2 cup cream)
- Broccoli - 2 crowns chopped
- Cauliflower - 1 1/2 cup chopped
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 2 heaping cups
- Red Cabbage - 1 cup, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add onions, carrots, red cabbage, and celery and saute until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 minutes.Next add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mix corn starch with the milk,
- Add cheese to the soap, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened and the cheese is melted.
- Add cream, broccoli, and cauliflower and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through.
This post is linked up with This Chick Cooks, Beyond the Picket Fence, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, 33 Shades of Green, Mandy's Recipe Box, Salt Tree, Not Just a Housewife Inside Brucrew LIfe, Blackberry Vine, Kellys Korner Blog