Layered salad is a staple at our house and I often take it to potlucks and family dinners and it is always a hit. It is super easy and pretty too.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- At our house a layer salad HAS to have:
- Iceberg Lettuce - (other greens can be used with the iceberg but it has to have iceberg)
- Red cabbage
- Frozen Peas
- Dice Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cheese of some type
- Mayo for the dressing
- Dice all the veggies etc up to bite size pieces.
- In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients make sure not to add all the green stuff together or it won't be as pretty .
- Cover the salad with mayo (or other thick dressing, we often use homemade blue cheese too) to seal it all in.