This is a slight variation to a Paula Deen recipe that I found in her cookbook. I have also posted a linked below to the one that is listed on the internet for her but it is different than the cookbook and what I did as well.
I served it with cottage fried potatoes, lima beans and corn. The leftovers heated up okay too!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Ground Beef - 1 pound
- House Seasoning - 1 teaspoons (recipe here House Seasoning)
- Purple Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Green Pepper - 1 medium, chopped
- Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup grated
- Worchestershire Sauce - 1/8 cup
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Ritz Crackers - 1/2 cup, crushed
- Seasoned Salt - 1/2 tsp
- White Bread - 4 - 5 slices
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 1/2 cups, grated
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix ingredients in a bowl, except bread slices. Shape in to a loaf. Line about a 1 inch deep jelly roll dish with bread and place loaf on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease so you will throw it away after baking the loaf.
- Heat soup and milk in a skillet. Add cheese and mix. Pour over meatloaf or serve in a bowl at the table.
Our Dinner that night. This is what I found online which is a tiny bit different than the recipe in her book. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/cheeseburger-meatloaf-and-sauce-recipe/index.html
This post is linked up at: Kellys Korner Blog