I had a salad a lot like this at a local farmers market about a month ago and knew I could recreate it. And this first attempt came pretty close, my hubby even ate a little of it. This would be great to take to a cookout, it is nice and fresh, gets better with time, and is so easy to make. This recipe does not make a huge amount so if you are feeding a crowd you may want to double it.
- Chickpeas - 2 cups (I cooked my own garbanzo beans)
- Frozen or Canned Corn - 1 cup
- Cherry Tomatoes Quartered - 1 cup
- Sweet Onion Diced - 1/3
- English Cucumber Diced - 1/2
- Limes, Juice Only - 1-2
- Frozen Dorot Cilantro - 1
- Frozen Dorot Garlic - 1
- House Seasoning - (salt, pepper, garlic) to taste I also added a little more salt.
- Dill - 2 tsp
- Rice Vinegar - 1 1/2 TBS
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 - 2 TBS
- Simply cut the tomatoes cucumber, and onion and throw everything into a bowl and mix. I would let it sit for at least an hour before serving.
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!