I had a salad a lot like this at a local farmers market about a month ago and knew I could recreate it. And this first attempt came pretty close, my hubby even ate a little of it. This would be great to take to a cookout, it is nice and fresh, gets better with time, and is so easy to make. This recipe does not make a huge amount so if you are feeding a crowd you may want to double it.
- Chickpeas - 2 cups (I cooked my own garbanzo beans)
- Frozen or Canned Corn - 1 cup
- Cherry Tomatoes Quartered - 1 cup
- Sweet Onion Diced - 1/3
- English Cucumber Diced - 1/2
- Limes, Juice Only - 1-2
- Frozen Dorot Cilantro - 1
- Frozen Dorot Garlic - 1
- House Seasoning - (salt, pepper, garlic) to taste I also added a little more salt.
- Dill - 2 tsp
- Rice Vinegar - 1 1/2 TBS
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 - 2 TBS
- Simply cut the tomatoes cucumber, and onion and throw everything into a bowl and mix. I would let it sit for at least an hour before serving.
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!
Thanks to our fellow bloggers who let us link up this post: Crumbs and Chaos, Someday Crafts