Sour Cream Potato Soup
We LOVE potato soup at my house and it is a go to dinner during the fall and winter. We have our favorite ways but sometimes we don't have all the "regular" ingredients so we come up with a new version. This was a HIT.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Potatoes, Peeled and Diced - 3 lbs
- Chicken Broth - 4 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- House Seasoning (salt, pepper, & garlic) to taste
- Celery Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Cream Cheese (room temperature) - 4 oz
- Sour Cream - 2 cups
- Milk or Cream - 1 cup
- In a stock pot bring the water, some house seasoning, and broth to a boil and cover with potatoes in the pot until potatoes are tender.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well and continue to simmer until the cream cheese is melted completed and the soup is warmed through.