This is a great yummy summer salad and can stay in your fridge up to 2 months.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- 4 thinly sliced cucumbers - 4 thinly sliced
- red onions - 1 large, sliced
- green bell peppers - 1 large, sliced (or color of your choice)
- Salt - 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar - 2 cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups (for my family I cut the sugar in half but if I was taking it somewhere I would add the the sugar)
- Celery Flakes - 1 tsp
- Red Pepper Flakes - 1 tsp
- Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set a side.
- Put vinegar, sugar, celery flakes and pepper flakes in a pot and bring to a boil. Once mixture comes to a boil remove from heat and add 2 handfuls of ice until melted.
- Place all veggies in large mouth canning jars (2 quarts or 1 half gallon jar).
- Pour mixture over cucumbers, store in refrigerator. Will keep up to 2 months.
- Makes 2 quart jars- amount will differ based on the size of your veggies. I made mine with fresh from the garden so they may have been smaller than store bought.
This post is linked up with Sew Many Ways, I heart Naptime, I Should be Mopping The Floor, htSumo's Sweet Stuff Craft o Maniac, Create With Joy, C.R.A.F.T, Singing three little birds, Serendipity and Spice, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Debbie Does Creations, Inside Bru Crew Life Nap-time Creations, Young Living Oil Lady, My Girlish Whims, Printabelle, The Trendy Treehouse, Yesterday On Tuesday, Its A Keeper Thursday, 504, The Creative Paige, Kelly's Korner Blog