Apple Pie (with streusel topping) - warning this is so not healthy! 🙂
Submitted by Amber
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 45 minutes
- Frozen Pie Crust - 1 9 inch (or you can make your crust)
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
- All-Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
- Water - 1/4 cup
- White Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Packed Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Apples - 8 - peeled, cored and sliced (I used gala apples, I think - we picked two diff types at hubers and I forgot to label the bags)
- Streusel Topping
- Flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1 stick
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Pour sugar and butter mixture over apples.]
- Cover with streusel. (see streusel instructions below). Sprinkle with some cinnamon.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Streusel Topping Instructions
- Mix flour and sugar, then add the butter. Instead of cutting the butter in to the mixture with a knife I use a food processor to mix the three ingredients. The consistency will have some chunks still. Once it bakes it will be fine.