Chicken Poppyseed Casserole
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Chicken - 2 pounds, boiled and shredded
- Cream of Chicken - 1 can
- Cream of Celery - 1 can (you could use cream of mushroom)
- Sour Cream - 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Ritz Crackers - 1 sleeve
- Butter - 3/4 stick
- Boil chicken and shred. Mix chicken, creams and sour cream in a casserole dish. (I added poppyseeds to the chicken mixture this time)
- Crunch up crackers and sprinkle on top. sprinkle with poppyseeds and pour melted butter over top. (I forgot to take pictures once I put the crackers and butter on there or of the finished product. Oops!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350. it goes great with green beans or mashed potatoes. you can put poppyseeds in the mixture too if you want.
- I have cut back on the amount of sour cream or left out one of the cream soups and it still tastes good. I ALWAYS use reduced fat sour cream on any recipe.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook!!
This is a good go to meal when you don’t have a meal plan. I always have everything on hand and my boys like it. serve with a salad or green veggie and you are ready to go
This was brought to us after my husband had surgery and I had never eaten it before. We loved it and it is now a dish we fix fairly regularly. It is also a great meal to take to others. It reheats really well. I serve it with green beans and mashed potatoes.