Poor Irish Soup
Fixed this for lunch and it is pretty good for a fast light meal.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Chicken Stock - 4 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Ham Hock - 1
- Shredded Cabbage - 4 cups
- Potatoes - 2 cups thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Combine the stock, ham hock, water, and cabbage in a large stockpot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Carefully separate the meat from the bone of the ham hock and dispose of the bone, adding the meat back to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.