I made barbeque last night using left-over roast beef I've frozen in 2-3 servings and this homemade barbeque sauce. We love the sauce for chicken, beef and ribs. Just don't tell my 7 year old it has ketchup in it. He likes it so much, a couple weeks ago I caught him standing at the stove dipping his french fries in some leftover sauce in the pan. 🙂 Sometimes I add a couple drops of Tabasco ...sauce if we want some heat.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Ketchup - 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce - 3 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar - 3 tablespoons
- Liquid Smoke - 1 teaspoon
- Stir all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes.