Crockpot Hawaiin Pulled Chicken
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 10h 00 min
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 3 lbs., thighs or a combo of the two
- Onion - 1 whole (large), sliced into chunks (I chopped mine up a lot because the kids won't eat anything if they find big onions in it.
- Pineapple - 1 can (20 oz size), nibbits or crushed, drained but reserve the juice if using
- BBQ Sauce of your Choice - 1 bottle (18 to 20 oz size)
- Hamburger Buns or Kaiser Rolls
- Place your chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Top with onions, then pineapple. Pour the entire bottle of BBQ sauce over the whole thing.
- Note: If you want a sweeter BBQ, add up to half a cup of the pineapple juice you drained, depending on how sweet you want it. This is optional.
- Turn your crock pot on LOW and cook for 8-10 hours (or on HIGH for 6).
- An hour or two before it is finished cooking, carefully remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it using two forks. Watch out, it will be hot! Place chicken back in the crock pot and stir well to combine. Finish cooking an additional hour or two so the chicken can absorb most of the sauce. Serve n hamburger buns and top with coleslaw if desired. (We did add a little bit of BBQ sauce on our sandwiches before we ate them.)