Overnight NO COOK Strawberry Oatmeal
I have been seeing no cook flavored oatmeal all over pinterst and have kept meaning to work on some recipes. I started with Strawberry and I really enjoyed it. I DO NOT like regular hot oatmeal but I really liked this and it stayed with me longer. My son who LOVES strawberries and oatmeal was NOT a fan of this. I read lots of recipes and had to make it mine and something that would fit what we have on hand so this is what I came up with. I found a couple of blogs that had some wonderful looking and sounding recipes so you might want to check out Pepper Lynn's Overnight Oats and The Yummy Life's No Cook Oatmeal. The Yummy Life has a GREAT post on how this is SO GOOD for us and why some of the ingredients are used, you need to check it out.
- Old Fashion Oats - 1/2 cup (I used Gluten Free)
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - 1/2 cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt - 1/3 cup
- Chia Seeds - 1 tsp
- Vanilla - 1/4 tsp
- Strawberry Jam - 2 TBS
- Strawberries - 1/2 cup sliced
- I put everything except the strawberries and jam in to a wide mouth pint jar and put the lid on and shook until mixed well.
- Then I added the berries and jam and stirred them up and returned the lid and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
Check out Our Overnight NO COOK blueberry Oatmeal too
Thanks to our fellow bloggers for linking up this post at: This Chick Cooks, Polkadots on Parade, Real Food Allergy Free, The Trendy Treehouse, Southern lovely, Mom On Timeout, Fireflies and Jellybeans, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Yummy Inspirations, By Stephanie Lynn, Flour with Love, Crafts Keep Me Sane, Crumbs and Chaos, Natashainoz in Oz, My Turn