Tomato and Corn Rice
I have meant to post this before but don't think I have. We Have this when ever we have Mexican type dinners, since it is a gluten free dish and Mexican rice mixes usually have MSG in them which has gluten in it.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Chicken Broth - 2 cups
- Tomatoes - 1 can diced
- Frozen Corn - 1 cup
- Rice - 1 1/2 cup (NOT minute rice)
- Basil or Cilantro - I use 1-2 of the frozen cubes
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic to taste
- NOTE: In these pictures I used tomatoes, and chicken broth that I had canned and Corn I had froze. You can use all store bought canned goods and frozen corn, this is just what I had on hand.
- Bring broth, and tomatoes to a boil then add add the rest of the ingredients and cover and reduced the heat. Stir Every free minutes, you may have to add a bit more broth or water if it cooks too quickly. When serving with a Mexican dish I usually add a bit of cheese on top.