We have finally found a recipe that we can make dairy and egg free and they still taste good the dough keeps its shape when baked.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 3 cups
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Butter (we used non dairy margarine to make them dairy free) - 1 cup
- White Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs (we use Ener-G egg replacer) - 2
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. I melted the butter and then mixed it with the sugar until light and fluffy. Then I mixed in the eggs and stirred in the vanilla. I mixed the butter ,eggs and sugar using my kitchen aid mixer so I just slowly poured the flour mixture in. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 for about 6-10 minutes. Our cooking time for hours probably varied since we switched some of the ingredients to fit allergies. I just watch them closely and remove them from oven when they aren't as wet looking and when a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.