Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Brown Eyed Baker
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 1 stick, at room temp
- Creamy Peanut Butter - 1/2 cup [although crunchy would be fine also]
- Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Light Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Oats - 1/2 cup [not quick-cooking]
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a larger bowl [with your mixer on medium], cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add in the egg and beat to combine. With the mixer on low, slowly incorporate the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and the chocolate chips.
- I used a large cookie scoop [equal to a scant 1/4 cup] and placed the cookies about 3 inches apart on my baking sheets. I ended up with 16 cookies. You'll want to bake them for about 12 minutes. They won't seem done, but let them cool on the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. These are the kind of cookies that stay chewy! They'll be golden brown on top and heavenly in the center!