- Chop the peppers very finely, I use a food processor, then let the liquid drain off for a few minutes of the jelly may not set up well, and be runny.
- In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine green pepper, white vinegar, and white sugar. Bring to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin. Skim off foam with a metal spoon, and remove pan from heat
- Ladle jelly into sterilized jars (still hot) and top with HOT jar lids
- You will need to seal the jars in boiling water, for 5 minutes.
- I also add some red food coloring when I add the pectin you can leave green or add green coloring but I like red better. This year I have also been using beet juice to do the coloring for me. I use about 2 ice cubes of frozen beet juice.
If you have never canned food at home before check out THIS POST on some tips on getting started!