Today I used about 3/4 hamburger, 1 lb sausage, fresh tomatoes instead of canned and my spaghetti sauce (the batch that was very thin) and half a can of tomato paste.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 45 min
- Ground Beef - 1 ½ LB
- Ground Pork, Sausage - ½ LB
- Chopped Onion - 1 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Tomatoes - 1 12 oz can (may need 2)
- Tomato Sauce - 1 can 15 oz can
- Parsley Flakes - 2 ½ Tsp.
- Sugar - 1 ½ Tsp.
- Salt - 2 t
- Oregano - 1 t
- Crushed Basil - 1 t
- Ricotta Cheese - 2 lb
- Parmesan Cheese - 2 c
- Lasagna Noodles - 8 oz, cooked
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 lb, grated
- Cook and stir ground beef, pork, onion, garlic in heavy saucepan until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Add tomatoes and break up with fork stir in tomatoes sauce, 1 ½ T parsley sugar, 1 t salt, and basil. Simmer uncovered 1 hour until mixture is think.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1T parsley, 1t salt, and oregano. In 13x9 dish, layer half each. Drained noodles, sauce, mozzarella cheese, ricotta mixture, repeat, saving enough sauce for a thin top layer. Sprinkle with 1 c Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 45 mins.
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!