Ann Kelly here, I will admit Squash is just NOT a favorite of mine, but some of these are actually my recipes and you will ONLY find me cooking squash when it is fresh from the garden. Since gardens and farmers market's are in full swing right now we thought we would share a few (and you will see we only have a few) squash recipes that made the grade to be posted on the blog. Just click on the purple title above the picture to to go to the actual recipe.
- Summer Squash
- Squash Casserole
- Bay Scallops with Squash and other summer veggies.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Caramelized Butternut Squash
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 55 minutes
Caramelized Butternut Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut off the ends of each butter squash and discard
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.
This post is linked up with Thirty Handmade Days